Wednesday, June 25, 2008

a reluctant blogger

Well, I have finally taken the plunge and set up a blog. I resisted as long as possible, as it seems too much like another paperwork generator, (I hate paperwork!!) and another committment to keep up with, then feel like a loser when I don't. But in order to do the things I have dreamed of doing, I need to have a blog and (shudder) yes, a website. The website will be coming next, after I have gathered things to put on it. You see, I am a musician and, by temperament, a non paperwork, non Franklin Planner type of person. I would rather PLAY than organize my material, I would rather let someone else take care of THAT. I believe the Lord is trying to teach me something here.....taking care of the details is what I need to learn to do, and love. SO, here we go!

The dream of my heart is to be engaged in full time ministry using the medium of music to further the Kingdom of God. At times that means evangelistically, at other times as comfort to the Body of Christ, at other times as exhortation to both. I have been involved with advising / mentoring 2 small church worship teams, and see that as a need within the local church. I believe God has a specific plan for the worship ministry of each body, no matter how small or large, and am willing to work with individual groups to assist them in finding that plan.

Hopefully, this blog will be a useful tool to reach out to and be reached by others in order to facilitate the growth and development of those groups and / or individuals.

2 comments:

G.L.H. said...

Yay! Your first comment. I find your post stimulating, exciting, wonderful...oh, yeah, just like I find YOU!

love, Barbie

Violet said...

Check you out! I'm so impressed, Llog Man!

Love you Daddy.

Violet (your first-born's internet moniker)