Friday, October 10, 2008

I'm Back!

I'm back!
I told you I am a reluctant blogger.

I am 53, and still working to fulfill the full flower of my call. God has allowed me to to do some really cool things musically, and serve in a variety of situations, but "IT" is still in front of me, yet to be done. (And if the Lord has decided that "IT" is already done, or where I am now, I'm totally cool with that. I will just keep going forward with whatever the Lord gives me to do, and grow into whatever I get to do next.)
I don't understand the pre-occupation with youth in these things. If I were 20, I would have everyone saying "follow your call", (and I do have a growing network of people encouraging me to do this now) but I think more people should be willing to support and encourage artists over 40 who have lived awhile and have life experience to draw from, as well as more years of practice and musicianship. It seems that people who have some life experience should be leading and mentoring (scriptures call it discipling) the younger group instead of waiting for them to catch the "new things God is doing" and share them with us. We need to be sharing what God has done, showing forth his faithfulness and mercy in what he has done in our lives in order for younger believers to gain a better understanding of our Lord. Perhaps that is why younger people are leaving our churches in large numbers--WE are not showing them who or how God really is, Jesus is what they want inside, we are maybe just giving them our denominational perspectives on how to live.

Kevin<><

No comments: